Saturday, February 7, 2009

A-Rod is A-Idiot


I never could've imagined writing this blog entry, expressing my opinions over a report that Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroid use in 2003. However, here I sit, on a warm Saturday night, trying to comprehend how a player as talented as A-Rod doing something so stupid. But now, once again, a big-time Yankee is confronted with yet another steroid controversy and baseball turns again toward A-Rod and the Bronx.

First and foremost, I personally don't care that much. I've been bombarded all day by Red Sox fans telling me that A-Rod is a cheat and that this will get to his head, he's going to suck, and it's going to destroy the Yankees season. Give it a rest everyone! Is Rodriguez a cheat? Yes. Did he destroy his career? Yes. But come on, barely anyone's reported for Spring Training yet. The story's less than 24 hours old. How about we wait a few weeks when teams are getting ready to start the season or even wait until the season starts before saying A-Rod and the Yankees are done for.

Why don't I care? I've never been a fan of him. While he's a tremendous all-around athlete and one of the best ballplayers of all-time, he has failed time and time again in the clutch. That's one of my biggest factors in determining my appreciation and identification with an athlete. A-Rod, since coming to the Yankees, has done poorly with runners in scoring position and in the playoffs and has yet to obtain the respect of Yankees fans.

Now, it's hard to write a lot and give a firm opinion on everything since there haven't been many details released. I want to wait and see everything related to the situation and how nothing was said until now almost 6 years later. A-Rod has damaged his career, and honestly, probably doesn't have any reason to play if this is all true. I highly doubt he'll be voted to the Hall-of-Fame if he was in fact a steroid user. Whatever happens, he's damaged his career and brought unnecessary attention to the Yankees.

No comments:

Post a Comment