Friday, January 23, 2009

Yanks Front Office Moving Day

No big news today, so I'll write a short piece on the Yankees front office moving today from the Old Yankee Stadium to the New Yankee Stadium. Nothing huge, but a monumental event considering the Yanks have spent the last 85 years in one stadium and are now moving to something new.

The biggest thing was seeing employees moving World Series trophies from 1977 and 2000. Videos and photos are posted on Newsday's site as well as several others from newspapers and stations in the New York Area.

For me, while I loved the Old Stadium and called it my second home for 20 years, I certainly am excited to see the grandeur of the New Yankee Stadium and this is just another step toward the eventual opening. It's a small event, but seeing pictures updated frequently of the construction continues to impress me and get me excited. Hopefully, the new place will create just as many memories as the old one did!

No comments:

Post a Comment