Tuesday, March 17, 2009

He's Back...


...from a very eventful (not really) spring break. I was fortunate enough to spend the first part of it with the famed cold that was traveling around the Northeast. Therefore, I was confined to my bed with a big box of tissues and various medication. The second part was much better. I got the chance to see a couple of Big East Tournament games, including the awesome Marquette-Villanova match-up. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the 6-OT thriller between Syracuse and UCONN live but watched the end on TV. Amazing game!

So for my first post back, I suppose it's only fitting to talk about March Madness. Anyone see how many New York schools got into the tournament? Well, if you didn't, here's a list of them:
Binghamton Bearcats - America East Champs
Cornell Big Red - Ivy League Champs
Siena Saints - MAAC Champs
Syracuse Orange - At-Large Bid

Ok, so it's only four, but that's not too shabby. For Binghamton, they draw Duke in the first round with the chance to pull off a performance like Belmont did against the Dukies but actually get the win. Cornell and Siena win their conference titles for the second straight year. The Big Red have a tough draw again with Missouri but Siena can certainly top Ohio State in the first round in a good 8-9 game. Syracuse came oh-so-close to winning the Big East title, but gets a 3 seed and a favorable first round match-up with Stephen F. Austin. I personally think Syracuse and Siena move on, but no one ever knows in March Madness.

Let me know what you think of the New York teams' performances this season and how far you think they can go. Leave comments or see the poll to the right. I'll have a more extensive look at some first round games later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment